Sunday, April 29, 2012

Yummy

So today I was feeling rather inspired! I made my family dinner and dessert! For dinner I made Zucchini Casserole and for dessert I made Chocolate Covered Bananas! I meant to take a picture of my creations, but they were eaten up so quickly!
Here is the recipe for the Casserole:
INGREDIENTS

  • 1 lb. zucchini sliced
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 med, sized onion, chopped
  • 1/2 c. canned tomatoes
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
  • 1/3 c. bread crumbs (since my mom is gluten free I used chips that were smashed very finely, it worked great)
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated (I had no Parmesan, so I used the shredded cheese mix, also worked)
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
DIRECTIONS
Saute onion and zucchini in olive oil for several minutes. Add balance of ingredients. Mix thoroughly and transfer to 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Makes 4 servings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment