Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cherry Blossom

A while back I enjoyed making bonsai cherry blossom trees out of wire. I would get a square styrofoam, bend a clothing hanger, and stick the hanger into the square. Then I would wrap flower wire multiple times around the hanger, keeping some the wires longer to represent branches. After this I got even smaller wire (Used for wire jewlry) and wrapped in around the branches to create texture. Once this was done I sprayed the tree with dark brown spray paint. When the paint dried I got pink tissue paper and ripped it into tiny circles and pinched the middle of it to look like a flower. I once again used the small wire to wrapped the flower onto the branches. After all of this was finished I stuck the styrofoam into a nice vase, put fake grass and rocks on top the styrofoam. Quite the long process, but it is quite enjoyable once finished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment