Friday, June 7, 2013

Grandma Dee


Hello everyone! I have a request for everyone. Please pray for my Grandma Dee.
Grandma Dee is not actually my grandmother by blood, but my husband's grandmother. A few weeks Christian got a call from his mom informing us that Grandma Dee had lung cancer. This took us completely by surprise. Grandma had just moved up to Washington to be with Pam (my mother-in-law) and not even a month after moving she found out she had cancer.

Well, throughout the treatments for the cancer it did not shrink. In fact it grew tremendously. The cancer has spread to her brain and her bones. There is not much of any chance that Grandma Dee is going to make it through this. 

I have only met Grandma Dee twice in my life so far. But she is still my family. It pains me to see my husband's family struggling. And I will admit, this time has not at all been easy for me either. Late last year I lost my uncle to brain cancer. So it is not like I have not dealt with cancer with in my family before.... But I don't think it is something anyone could get used to.

Even though the cancer has spread enormously, my husband and I are still going to pray and ask for prayer that she can be healed. Of course, no matter what happens it will be God's will. But we know that God can heal all! So please pray for her to recover. 


4 comments:

  1. Uncle Pete didn't die from cancer he had a heart condition. But I understand what ur going thru so ill be keeping u in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what Uncle Pete died from. I am talking about Uncle Michael. He died of brain cancer late last year. That is why I had to go to Albuquerque last year. It was for his funeral. He is our Uncle from Patrick.

      Delete
  2. So sorry. I'll definitely bee praying

    ReplyDelete